Friday, January 23, 2009

Snow in Southtown

I'm so late in posting this! Just a quick entry because I wanted to share a few images from our rare snow day this week;-)

We rarely see the white stuff. Sometimes we get ice. But Tuesday we got an honest-to-goodness, white, powdery snow! My daughter was so excited to see the snow (and to be off an extra day of school!). We quickly bundled her up and went outside to play. She had to try everything she knew to do with snow: build a snowman (small but sweet), make a snow angel, taste the flakes as they fell from the sky. But by far, her favorite thing was to pelt Mommy with some rather large snowballs!


By the way, we had a little warning that the snow was coming and I made the hat the night before. She LOVES the hat and apparently wore it during the whole school day on Wednesday;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I know you all do not like the South, it's such a wonderful experience for kids to have.