Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Columbia SC Engagement Photographer - Preview


OK.....these images were actually taken in Folly Beach but since this couple lives in Columbia.....

I adore this pair! They are beautiful inside and out. The groom-to-be is a former colleague and friend. And I couldn't be happier for him that he has truly found his soul mate. I wish them happiness and joy and lots and lots of laughter and love together.

These two were up for anything. They joined me in Folly Beach and we rode the golf cart around to all the different spots we visited for the shoot - the salt marsh, the pier (oh how I LURVE that pier!), a sandy crossover to the beach, and a couple of "downtown" (if you can call it that;-) locations. It was a full afternoon and I squeezed in every second of sunlight that I could!

I had a difficult time narrowing down the images for the preview. I hope you enjoy them and I can't wait to get together for the preview! And thank you so much for entrusting me with your engagement photos.

AND....get twenty-five unique friends and/or family members to post a comment to this entry and receive a 5x7 portrait on me;-)

(and hey to everyone at my old job! I love yall!)
;-)

Proof that they were willing to try anything! It's not so easy
getting two people into a hammock!One of my favorites from our session. I love how it looks as if they
were praying and giving thanks for having found one another.
I will have to ask them what they were thinking during this shot.Isn't she absolutely gorgeous!!!LOVED THESE WALLS!
I'm sure my former associates will get a kick out of this one. If I had to give
it a title, it would be "She Wears The Pants Now". I hope he likes it too!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos can truly capture the worst or best moments of people. I say that to say this gallary of photos of my friends Damian and Sean, has truly capture the BEST and speaks for the love, passion, committment and most importantly unity this couple has. Congratulations you two, and may God richly Bless you both with lots of LOVE and HAPPINESS!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
You have so wonderfully captured the love that these two have for each other.
Damian and Sean, I wish you all the best in your life together.
Beautiful...inside and out.

Unknown said...

Damian and Sean, these are some of the most beautiful engagement photos I've ever seen! Ashley really captured the bond between you guys, and the happiness you two are feeling. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Damian and Sean -
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

As long as the two of you love each other you can endure anything! Congratulations to you both and may God continue to bless this beautiful union.

Ashley, these are some BEAUTIFUL pictures and the smiles on their faces shows the true love that the both of them have in this union.

Unknown said...

Ashley, you have really captured them beautifully! You are so talented.

Damian and Sean, congratulations! They are really beautiful pictures. I hope you have a long and happy life together.

Joshuah aka JBC said...

The pics are simply stunning. Kudos to the artist. Much love to each of you!!!

L. Campbell said...

Damian and LaShawn these pictures show just how beautiful you both are. Continue to Glow!! over one another, and always put God first. I thank God for my new beautiful daughter. Ashley the pictures are great. I know you can take pictures of our grandchildren in the future. Linda Bridges Campbell

Ashley said...

Thanks to everyone for their support of Damian and Shawn! And thank you so much for the kind words about the photography;-)

Linda, thank you so much for commenting here. I was anxious to here how the parents liked the images. You raised a remarkable young man! He impressed me the first time I met him. And I am so happy for him and Shawn. What a blessing she will be to have as a daughter-in-law!

And I have already been teasing them about maternity and newborn photography;-)

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for the two of you!!
I have seen first hand the love that you have for one another and the pictures tell it all.
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! They look very nice. Thank you for sharing the photos with me.

Aunt Lillian

LaShawn's Dad said...

Ashley,
I have seen many photos in my life, but none compare to what you captured through your lense with LaShawn and Damian. The look in their eyes says it all.

LaShawn, Your mom and I have never ever had problem with you, not many parents can say that. You have always been my little girl and you will always be my little girl. That is just how it is.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says:
Trust in the lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Damian is a fine young man. The two of will have a blessed life together.

D. Thomas said...

These pictures of Damian and LaShawn are absolutely stunning. I just L-O-V-E them. A great job Ashley and a lovely couple.

To my daughter and son:
Put God first is ALL you do and say. May God continue to bless this
engagement and your life together.

With All My Love - Mom

LaShawn's Dad said...

The picture were fabolous. Aunt Shawn, you and my new uncle looked great.

Love,
Mariah:-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed viewing the pictures. Look look y'all are in LOVE and I wish the BEST for you!---your brother

Grandma Viola Bridges said...

The pictures are nice. Damian and LaShawn I wish you both all of God blessing.
Grandma Viola Bridges

Tasha said...

Awwwwe, too cute! Great momentos to start your family with. Love and Happiness to both of you!

Charles & Tasha

Anonymous said...

This is not a easy thinig to do. I've know Shawn since the day she was born. I was in my 2nd. year of college when I got the call that I had a neice. I was so excited and to now see her all grown up and about to be married is still sinking in. Damian you have one of the apples of my eye and I know the two of you will be just great together. Remember to keep God first in eveything that you do!

Nichole said...

These are great I love this whole session!