Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Urban Session

Last week it was my pleasure to meet this lovely woman. She is so sweet and interesting and I had a lot of fun on this shoot. I have her two children scheduled for a session in a couple of weeks but she needed a session of her own. I took some head shots for her business - Cate is an independent executive for Zrii, an ayurvedic drink that promotes well-being and balance and abundance (http://care.myzrii.com). Then we went to some of my favorite locations for some fun, urban photos. She was so wonderful to work with and looks amazing! Children's photography is my first love but WOW - I love photographing women too. And I have had fun today processing these images. Looking forward to capturing this beautiful lady and her children soon!


When this session was booked, I thought about how long it had been since I have had my own session. I won't even tell you. I am always on the other end of the camera. And so I am not in very many images from holidays or gatherings. I have been meaning to get some new images made but always put it off. I think so many women do this too. For lots of not very good reasons. "I don't have time" or "My hair is a mess right now" or "Just 15 more pounds" or "I don't need images of me - just my kids or my family". I know some of these excuses well myself. But, honestly, when was the last time you had a really fun photo session of just you? No kids, no husband....just you? Don't wait to do this. Embrace yourself and go out and have that beautiful spirit within you captured. It will make you feel great! Your loved ones will treasure those images, now and as time passes. So do it for them. And do it for you!
I think I will take my own good advice on this and call a friend and fellow photog for my own session;-)

5 comments:

Amanda Trumper said...

Beautiful images! You have such gorgeous color and I love the urban setting! Keep up the fab work!

Debi said...

great colors and beautiful subject! that is great advice too - moms/women/ladies/grammas need pictures too!!

Masters Rental said...

Wow! Amazing shots. The colors are gorgeous!

Doug and Cherie Yost said...

holy cow these are great! the color is amazing! I bet she loves the pictures!

evy & grace photography said...

these are divine. i love the location. you did a great job capturing her...she should be proud of her images!