Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!

Many of you who read or subscribe to my blog may not know my sister, Amy Miles (here or here). Amy is the very talented singer, song-writer, performer extraordinaire who, along with her friend Michael Robertson (here), co-wrote, produced and performed the song on my website, "Don't Go Too Fast". Many people have told me how much they love the song and want to know where they can purchase it.

Hear that, Amy?! We need that one on iTunes, too!

Anyway, today is my beautiful, strong and very talented sister's birthday! (Happy Birthday, sweetie! I love you!) So I thought it only fitting to post about her tonight and tell you a little bit about our collaborative efforts and some of the exciting projects in the works for her. I've already told you about how I was lucky enough to have such great music for my website. First I'll tell you a little about her "grown-up" works and then tell you about her "kid-related" projects.

Amy has a hot new CD coming out called "King Of Girls", for which I was lucky enough to produce the photography and art work.


Be on the lookout for this CD. Also check out some of her other cd's at iTunes.

As well as an artist with her own band, Amy is also a performer with the popular Citizens Band in NYC. She also recently recorded a beautiful song on "The Ten" soundtrack with friend and writer, Craig Wedren and performed at an event for Senator Obama with a new girl group, "Birds". I couldn't begin to enumerate all the great projects she has been involved in but those are just a few.

And her kid-related projects are very exciting! She wrote and performs the theme song for a new Nickelodeon cartoon premeiring April 26th called "The Mighty B"!. This cartoon is co-created and executive produced by Amy Poehler of Saturday Night Live; Cynthia True, a recent staff writer for Nickelodeon's "The Fairly OddParents"; and Erik Wiese, an Emmy-nominated storyboard artist and writer who has worked on "SpongeBob". Amy Poehler is the voice of The Mighty B.

Also, my sister Amy (not Amy Poehler!) will be the star of a new PBS show debuting in September called "Lomax, The Hound of Music"! Amy was busy filming this fall's episodes last year and everyone at our house is anxiously awaiting the airings. I will, of course, be announcing more about this project as the d-day (debut day) approaches! But this will be a great show for families with children 3-7 years of age and is "designed to increase" their "musical intelligence". Plus, it will be fun and engaging to watch!

But Amy is so much more than just her accomplishments. My sister is just a wonderful, warm, loving, funny, spirited woman that I am so happy to call family. She inspires me and encourages me and loves me. You couldn't wish for more.

Love you, Amy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images, and I just took a listen to the song on your website...really beautiful!