Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Digital Darkroom

In celebration of my new gorgeous canvas, I decided to do a post today to show you where I spend my working time when I am not out shooting or delivering packages. The room you see here is the digital darkroom/packaging center. This is where I customize, tweak, pop, tone, and otherwise beautify the images I take at your sessions. I have been very busy at my workstation lately with all the Spring bookings. Since I spend so much time here, it's important to me that it be comfortable and organized (although I have to admit that it gets pretty messy and cluttered sometimes;-). This is also where I do all my business related work and packaging. With such large pieces to wrap and prepare for delivery, I needed a dedicated space to do this. My very old and worn (and loved) breakfast table did the trick nicely!

My business has taken over two rooms in my home now. I have another room that houses all of my gear and props and display pieces. It's a smaller, cozier room and sometimes, when I need a breather, I curl up in my princess chair and read.

Welcome to my digital darkroom! And check out that beautiful canvas!

3 comments:

Dennis Bullock said...

What a great space Ashley. I am thinking of using bags as part of my packaging. Where do you order yours from?

Masters Rental said...

So jealous! Come to GA and help me establish a work space. Right now it is everywhere and my desk is my bed. So sad.

Danielle Hobbs said...

Beautiful space!